NANOCOMP LOOKING FOR A DISPLAY APPLICATION ENGINEER
Nanocomp is looking for a Display Application Engineer to support and drive the development of leading-edge micro-optical components for high-volume display applications. In this role you will be primarily responsible for prototype fabrication, in-depth analysis of manufactured optical components, planning and building of system level implementations, developing and executing optical measurements, and doing performance evaluations.
- Test and develop illumination concepts
- Contribute to building proof of concept samples
- Develop test methods and build relevant optical measurement set-ups (photometric, colorimetric)
- Generate product specifications from system level specifications
- Verify performance to specifications by using simulations and measurements
- Define and implement test plans to ensure quality and performance
- Generate prototypes for marketing and customers
- Interact with customers to provide expertise on technical issues
- In-depth understanding of back- and frontlight design, LEDs
- Basic understanding of display technologies
- Experience on optical simulation
- Electronics understanding at a level to understand LED driving schemes and power efficiency
- Understanding of basic optics principles
- Solid knowledge of optical test equipment and lab verification
- Self-directed and motivated, ability to work with cross-functional teams, hands-on type person
- Color science experience
- Good English language skills
- Fully computer literate (MS Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Willingness to travel
Job-related questions of an open position can be directed to Business Development Manager Mr Marko Parikka (cell. +358 40 502 1727).
Contact by telephone on Tuesday, 30th May 2017 at 9-11 or Wednesday, 31st May 2017 at 12-14. Please send your application with salary request and CV by 4th June 2017 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the position in the e-mail subject field.