Nanocomp is looking for Optical Engineer to support and drive the development of leading-edge micro-optical components for illumination applications. In this role you will be primarily responsible for prototype fabrication, in-depth analysis of manufactured optical components, planning and building of system level implementations, developing and executing optical measurements, and doing performance evaluations.
This vacancy will be located in Lehmo, Finland.
• Contribute to building proof of concept samples
• Develop test methods and build relevant optical measurement set-ups (photometric, colorimetric)
• Verify performance to specifications by measurements
• Test illumination concepts
• Define and implement test plans to ensure quality and performance
• Generate prototypes for marketing and customers
• Interact with customers to provide expertise on technical issues
• Basic understanding of display technologies
• Experience on optical simulation
• Electronics understanding at a level to understand LED driving schemes and power efficiency
• Understanding of basic optics principles
• Solid knowledge of optical test equipment and lab verification
• Self-directed and motivated, ability to work with cross-functional teams, hands-on type person
• Color science experience
• Good English language skills
• Fully computer literate (MS Word/Excel/Outlook)
Job-related questions of an open position can be directed to CTO Dr Samuli Siitonen (cell. +358 40 550 2766).
Please send your application with salary request and CV by 31st May 2018 to the address email@example.com. Mark the position in the e-mail subject field.